August 18th, 2017
Applications are invited from dedicatedand enthusiastic educators to fill the following anticipated administrative vacancies.The anticipated start dateforthese positions willbeas soon as possible.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
The B.C. Muslim Association has been in existence for close to 50 years serving the Sunni Muslim community of British Columbia. The Surrey Muslim School (Surrey) provides high quality educationalprogramsto students in grades K to 7 utilizing a variety of teaching styles within an Islamic environment. Located in Surrey,SMSisthe flagship school for the BCMA and has beenthe pride of the community forover17 years. Commitment to the success of its students and its staff makes Surrey Muslim School -Surrey a great place to learnand to work.
Documented Qualification Must Include:
The successful applicant will meet the eligibilityrequirementsof the B.C. SchoolAct and will have:
· Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch certification;
· Demonstrated excellence as a teacherand educational leader;
· A Masters degree from a recognized university;and,
· Successful experience as a Principal, VicePrincipalorsimilarleadership role.
· Five (5) or moreyears of successful teachingexperience as well as proven leadership experience;
· Demonstrated leadership inlearningevidencedbycurrent knowledge of instructionand assessment strategies;
· A commitment and demonstratedability to create educational environments that are inclusive and focus on the comprehensive learning needs of all students within an Islamic context
· Demonstrated commitment to personalaccountability and professional growth ;
· A compelling position on the role that Islamic education can play in the success of individuals,communities,countries and the world;
· Exceptionalinterpersonaland communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to listen effectively and work collaboratively;
· Demonstrated ability to work with staff,community partners and others to achieve consensus;
· Demonstrated ability to buildeffectiveteams and asenseof community, and to work effectively in an Islamic environment with Islamic and Non-Islamic staff;
· Demonstrated ability to planwith the end in mind and to remain focused onagreed-upon goals;
· A vision for the role oftechnologyin supporting teachingandlearning;
· A strong foundation i n the tenants of Islam;
· Fluency inArabic would bean asset.
Salary & Benefits
· Based on qualification and experience
To apply, applicant must beeligible to work in Canada and please email your cover letter, resume, professionalcredentials, transcriptsandaminimumof three current professional references: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail at BCMA Board of Education,12300 Blundell Road,RichmondBC V6W1B3. Deadline to submit your resume,credentials with covering letter is Thursday, September 30th, 2017