Applications are invited from dedicated and enthusiastic educators to fill the following anticipated administrative vacancies.The anticipated start date for this position will be as soon as possible.
ELEMENTARY / HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
The B.C. Muslim Association has been in existence for close to 50 years serving the Sunni Muslim community of British Columbia. The BC Muslim School (Richmond) provides high quality educational programs to students in grades K to 8 utilizing a variety of teaching styles within an Islamic environment. Located in Richmond, BCMSisthe flagship school for the BCMA and has been the pride of the community for over30 years. Commitment to the success of its students and its staff makes BC Muslim School – Richmond a great place to learnand to work.
Documented Qualification Must Include:
The successful applicant will meet the eligibilityrequirements of the B.C. SchoolAct and will have:
· Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch certification;
· Demonstrated excellence as a teacher and educational leader;
· A Master’s degree from a recognized university;and,
· Successful experience as a Principal, VicePrincipal or similar leadership role.
· Five (5) or moreyears of successful teaching experience as well as proven leadership experience;
· Demonstrated leadership in learning evidenced by current knowledge of instruction and assessment strategies;
· A commitment and demonstrated ability to create educational environments that are inclusive and focus on the comprehensive learning needs of all students within an Islamic context
· Demonstrated commitment to personal accountability and professional growth ;
· A compelling position on the role that Islamic education can play in the success of individuals,communities,countries and the world;
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to listen effectively and work collaboratively;
· Demonstrated ability to work with staff,community partners and others to achieve consensus;
· Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and asense of community, and to work effectively in an Islamic environment with Islamic and Non-Islamic staff;
· Demonstrated ability to planwith the end in mind and to remain focused onagreed-upon goals;
· A vision for the role oftechnologyin supporting teaching and learning;
· A strong foundation in the tenants of Islam;
· Fluency in Arabic would bean asset.
Salary & Benefits
· Based on qualification and experience
To apply, applicant must be eligible to work in Canada and please email your cover letter, resume, professional credentials, transcripts and a minimumof three current professional references: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail at BCMA Board of Education,
12300 Blundell Road,RichmondBC V6W1B3. Deadline to submit your resume,credentials with covering letter is Friday, December 15th, 2017